Most people are familiar with the 7 Chakras that run up the center of the body, but we have minor Chakras that are accessed through other areas such as the hands & feet. The chakras in your palms are not so much centers for storing energy like the seven main Chakras, but more channels through which energy can pass back & forth. The Chakras in your hands are directly related to the balance of your Heart Chakra. Keeping your hand Chakras healthy is very important to the overall balance of your Chakra system
As a healer, the quality of energy flowing through my hand Chakras is VERY important, & anyone with a little awareness of energy, can grasp the importance of these centers. First let’s discuss the hand Chakras…
The primary Chakras are located in the center of each palm. Others are said to be located at each joint, which make hands particularly useful channels for energy healing. The palm Chakras are the focal point for the hand meridians. Everyone views on how to classify the hand Chakras; some see them as primary Chakras, others consider them as concentrated energetic fields in charge of transmitting energy from other chakras.
We all have energetic blocks & imbalances as well as energy-sabotaging habits that prevent us from our full vitality, which leads us to feel exhausted, scattered, dull… even dis-eased. Just like our Primary Chakras, the centers of energy location in your hands are what allow you to interact with the world on an energetic level. They allow healing energy to flow both in & out and are associated with the act of giving & receiving. (Growing up Italian, it was known that when your left hand itches you are recieving money, the right hand you are giving away money.)
The Magic is in Your Hands
Sometimes we forget that our hands are magick. We forget that our index finger is our natural wand && that we have energy centers in all our fingers & in our palms.
Your right hand is associated with masculine energy & the vibes of assertiveness, power, activity and action, construction & deconstruction, & giving.
Your left hand is associated with feminine energy including the powers of intuition, caring & nurturing, patience, gentleness, & receiving.
Here is a rough association of the other fingers, the planets, & their energy:
- Index – Jupiter – gaining favor, opportunity, money, recognition, influence
- Middle – Saturn – success, focus, truth, a reward from hard work, intellect. Want to have a sudden financial windfall? Work with your left middle finger.
- Ring – Sun – ambition, power, fortune, commitments, heart space. Want to attract friends in powerful places? Work with your right ring finger.
- Little – Mercury – new ideas, communication, memory, dreams, gratitude. Want to receive more creative inspiration? Work with your left little finger.
Healthy energy flow through Chakras or meridians manifest as openness, creativity & confidence as you move through the world. Blocked hand Chakras make that difficult. Blocked hand Chakras create a closed system rather than an open one, preventing energy from flowing freely through your body & getting where it needs to go.
Open Your Hand Chakras
Try this Reiki exercise…hold your hands with your palms touching each other & gently rub them together. Imagine a glow forming in the palms of your hands. After a moment, slowly bring your hands a few inches apart, still imagining a glowing ball of energy emanating from your palms. Feel the energy. You may feel warmth or tingling as you play with this energy. Move your hands around a bit, letting the energy move & grow. Imagine it flowing from each palm. Finally, bring your palms back together & allow the energy to flow back into your body, healing & energizing you.
Then there is always good old creativity! Art is excellent for opening Chakras. Using your hands will help get creative energy moving through them (especially hands-on methods like sculpting).
Taking Back Your Power
This is one of my favorite exercises… Hold your hands level with your Solar Plexus, the left overlapping the right, but not touching each other. Keeping both palms facing up, the fingers of your left hand point to the right while the fingers of your right hand point to the left.
- Take a few deep, relaxing breaths & focus your intentions on opening up the hand Chakras.
- Now begin to open & close both hands. Do this quickly, but not uncomfortably. You want to be able to repeat this as many times as you can, but you do not want your hands to become worn out. Concentrate on making a loose fist rather than a clenched one.
- Now reverse so that your right hand is on the top and the left is on the bottom. Do not change the directions that your hands are facing, simply their placement over each other. Be sure to keep the palms facing up.
- Repeat step three for both hands again.
- Now bring your hands to chest height & put them into prayer position. The palms should be gently pressed together with all corresponding fingers touching as they extend straight upward.
- Rub your palms together for 6 seconds or so as though you are trying to warm them.
- This next step can either be said aloud or thought to yourself. It depends on whether your physical voice or mental voice carries more weight with you at the time. Say or think the word “open” then clap your hands together 3 times.
- Finally, hold your hands at chest height again, but keep them slightly apart from each other. Focus on the sensations you are now feeling in each hand. Concentrate on and allow yourself to feel the energy that passes between your palms. It is often described as a tingling and warming sensation. This exercise has physically stimulated the circulation in your hands which allows for the energy to be efficiently channeled for use.
Remember, your intentions are powerful! So be sure your intention is set on opening your energy channel as you perform the technique(s) above.
YOU are Magic & there is a LOT of power & magick in your hands!!
May your dreams be the least that you get 🙂
Love & light,