I think it’s safe to say that globally we have been deeply affected by currents events. This experience will change our reality as we know it. This is a time for reassessing how we live our lives & what’s truly important to us. We are turning to simplier ways to live & recognizing the gifts of love, famly, friends & even strangers. The world is coming together in shared prayers & giving. This power, the power of mass consciousness, is transforming the world while giving us the opportunity to create a world of peace, love & acceptance.
Many are feeling unsafe, scared & overwhelmed by the question “what’s next?” It’s easy to get into a state of panic when we get caught up in the media’s constant message of fear. It becomes an endless loop that leads us into a frightful frenzy! Now more than ever it’s so importnat to harness spiritual discipline so we can remain neutral, peaceful, loving & allow life to unfold. Allow the Universe to complete the mission. We can only do this through trust & acceptance of what is, not from a place of what we are being conditioned to believe what is. Whatever thoughts & energies we put out into the Universe we magnetize back to ourselves & collectively.
“Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.”~Wayne Dyer
So how can we deal with the bombardment of media’s fearful message? How can we come to that still, centered & neutral place within? How do we find peace in our daily lives? I’d like to share some ways I do this for myself with the intention that it will trigger your own guidance & direction within so you can experience inner peace.
- Turn of the T.V., don’t allow those low vibrating energies bring you down. What is continuously looping through the screen is NOT necessarily the truth, it’s a scare tactic that works well!
- Practice meditation. You don’t need to be a Buddhist monk to meditatate. Meditation can be as simple as a walk or moment in nature just observing & BEing.
- Visualization. Use the gift of imagination & in your mind go to your safe place or go on vacation. Bring in all your senses, feel the air, smell the air, taste the air. Feel & witness every aspect of your visualization.
- Take a break from social media & other online news. Disconnect from media’s tactic giving it the power to feed on your fear. Commercials & ads are perfectly timed based on the fearful energy they create!
- Read. Read inspiring & uplifting articles & books. Stories of compassion, love & understanding.
- BE Mindful. Bring yourself into the moment throughout the day & just BE in the moment. Observe with ALL your senses. What’s happening? What are you feeling?If you find yourself fearful or angry, stop & acknowldge what you are feeling & where it is coming from. Fear is the opposite of trust & love.
- Practice kindness. Express kindness to yourself & others. Take a moment to truly feel what another may be experiencing & come from a place of compassion & empathy. We are all in this together. 😉
- Take a bath. Water clears & transmutes energy. When you feel “down”, pick yourself up by treating yourself to a bath. Create a spa like enviorment. Go out of your way for yourself! Add epsom salt to help clear any low energy, add essential oils & herbs to help balance your energy.
- Take a walk. Connect with nature & allow Spirit to communicate with you through the blessing of nature.
- Journal. Write what you’re thinking & feeling. Write down any thoughts or ideas that come to mind. Write down what you remember about your dreams. Write yourself a love letter! Writing is a gentle way to release what no longer serves you while bringing you clear guidance!
- Breathe! When stressed, lost in a problem or the past or future in your mind breathe with your belly for two minutes & just focus on the air going in & out. BE mindful of how your breath moves into & throughout your body. Follow your breath.
- Forgive yourself. Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn’t know before you knew it! Don’t beat yourself up for learning from your past…embrace it! Self-love & acceptance starts with YOU! Forgiveness expands your heart Chakra & opens you up to compassion & understanding for yourself & others. No one will bring you more acceptance, love & understanding than you have for yourself!
We all have bad days. Life happens & sometimes interferes with your plans for the day. Never forget that there’s a day tomorrow too & a new day brings new hope. Use a mantra that resonates with YOUR inner peace or say to yourself: “Dear Past, thank you for all the life lessons you have taught me. Dear Future, I am ready now!”
Because…. a great beginning always occurs at the exact moment you thought would be the end of everything!
A wise man once said, “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” Today is a new beginning; treat it that way. Stop thinking about what might have been & starting looking at what can be!!
May your days be filled with an abundance of love, light & peace.
Love & Light,