The Cancer New Moon (June 23/24) may bring new awareness about what you need to thrive. It’s also a chance to consider the differences between what you need, what you want & to speak the truth through your authentic self (to borrow the phrase from The Four Agreements, be “impeccable to your word”) for that’s essential to how we are creating our world.
This Cancer New Moon is offering us deeply satisfying nourishment, helping us re-birth ourselves through a deeper, fuller connection to our soul’s desires.
So how can we use this energy to achieve what we really want? Each moon phase brings different energy, sometimes we need to ACT & sometimes we need to BE. When we act, the energy & situations around us present the opportunity to “take action”. This is how we flow with “what is”. Then there are times we need to just BE, this is the “rest” period, you might notice no matter how hard you keep trying to make something work it just doesn’t seem to go right. This is when we need to look within & do inner work in order to manifest what we truly want. The energy of this new moon has a little of both, so you need to BE before you ACT! Here’s the energy that surrounds us right now…
This is the perfect time to think about setting intentions for a new beginning(s). This Cancer Super New Moon is the perfect time to think about starting something new, updating or upgrading your life in some way and taking that leap of faith.
A combination of logic and intuition gives great common sense. At this New Moon rapid mood swings and whimsical thought processes will prevail. If there is something you have wanted to do, or something that you wish to bring into your life, now is the time to get to work! What’s introduced on this New Moon will quickly advance, driven by instinctive responses.
Awareness of our feelings helps us uncover a deep seated flashback that renews our connection with Source.
If you’ve been wanting to speak, discuss or write about an issue that strikes an emotional impact, this is your Moon. When Mercury in Cancer speaks, everyone feels like the message is meant just for them. Focus effort on worthy goals & challenge yourself. Celebrate your victories. It’s also an excellent time to travel.
Here’s My New Moon Ritual:
- Create a sacred space, light candles, burn incense or sage, whatever you need to create YOUR scared space. I incorporate; Earth (salt), Air (incense) Water (bowl of water) & Fire (candle).
- I smudge the area with burning sage to clear any stagnant energy, this makes room for my INTENDED energy (what I want to achieve).
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply, try not to engage in your thoughts and instead allow them to float in and out. You can also place your hands over your heart center and visualize moving the energy into your heart, visualize a beautiful, glowing light radiating from your heart center.
- Next, take your pen and paper and begin writing whatever messages are flowing from your heart. You can write about what new beginning you would like to create or your intentions moving forward for the year ahead. Try to allow your heart to guide you rather than your mind. This is Automatic Writing, you are writing from your soul & not your head.
- Stating your intention or what new beginning you would like to create. You can even can come up with a simple sentence like – Moving forward I would like to create (insert here). I would like to open space in my life for (insert here). End your ritual by giving thanks and gratitude to the Universe.
- To close the ritual, snuff out the candles but leave the water & your notes in the center of the candles. The water will be charged with the New Moon energy as well as your intended energy. Once completed, I like to use Moon Water to “bless” myself everyday with this specially charged water. Keep your paper somewhere for safe keeping until your intentions come to fruition.
You can do this ritual between the 23rd-26th of June, 2017.
The best we can do is to recognize where we may be trying to do too much too soon. Maybe we just need to sit for a while to understand what we’re really craving before stuffing ourselves with something that isn’t going to nourish us.
Happy New Moon!
Love & Light,